Friday, May 25, 2007

Waa iga su'aale tallow Bahdon ma ii garan

I received a lot of e-mails in response to my articles “Isku Haye Iskama Hagrado” and Waxley Waa Waxeedii.” even though I requested that no body writes to me and adviced to jump into the comfort zone and blame the president. In the e-mails many of the respondents accused me of enjoying with the green stuff as they put it in there own words (money) that I received from President Rayale and that my duty was set to have him defended all the time. Others went further and accused Awdal being fed in extravagancy in the expense of the other regions of the Somaliland. Others beat the bush and I could not understand what they wrote and dismissed them as “shinbiriba codkeed cidey”. I understand that and I have no hard feelings for any body because I believe that every body is entitled to his own opinion. Out of curiosity, I wanted to investigate and bring out to the open if there is any truth to these accusations, and began questioning myself if there is any thing I received from Somaliland.

Well, I know that I received nothing from any body on this planet let alone Rayale. Therefore, the accusations of my being bribed by Rayale are baseless. Here, I must declare that I would not have even accepted a penny if offered simply because I am an Awdalite, an honest man who believes in mutual sharing and collectively building our young Republic for the betterment.

In the case of Awdal, I know that its economy and standard of living are far below that of the other regions. I know that people of Awdal are struggling in their daily bread. I know that the infrastructure of Awdal is non-existent. I know that Awdal is alienated from the rest of Somaliland. I know that the roads in Borama city are rough and dusty unlike those of the twin cities in other regions. I know that the plea of the people of Awdal to construct the road between Dilla and Borama always hits on deaf ears. I therefore know that no greens arrived from Hargeisa to Awdal but lies, hatred and barwaaqo hadal.

I then turned my attention to Dilla, Idhanka and Qalooc area. I tried to figure out if any help came to the natives from Rayale government. I immediately remembered that the mosques and houses destroyed by the mujaahaliin are still roofless and that people who lost properties were not even given tents to live out side let alone compensation. I then proposed to my self that the area needs to be preserved as a museum area of crimes against humanity as committed by the SNM. Hence, no green stuff (as was put in respondents’ own words) reached that area.

I then remembered Qunujeed and I was like...Aha, may be that is where it rained green. I needed help there and I called my friend Bahdon. I asked Mr. Bahdon if the people of Qunujeed are blessed with the Rayaale money and are sneezing out green dollars and if the natives walk on a green carpet of the Somaliland money. Bahdon laughed at me and told me that the town of Qunujeed is becoming ghost town day after day and that the people are closing doors and preparing to relocate to Gogti. He added that even president Rayaale is unable to visit and wish them good luck for the lack of a leading road to Qunujeed and unfortunately there is no helicopter in Somaliland. So, he is stuck in Hargeisa.

I then asked my friend Bahdon about Bon and Aroorseel towns and their people. I asked him if the people are feasting with the alleged Rayaale money and are burping out the green stuff. He again laughed at me and said that soon after Rayaale was elected president, gloom descended and the people of these towns decided to extend the fasting period to preserve what little they have. He added that they have been fasting for quite a while now. He concluded by saying; “Allaa deeqda bixiyee dirqi bey ku noolyihiin.” I then asked him if he has filled his pockets with the Rayaale greens. He angrily replied to me and asked if I have lost my mind. He hinted to me that he is considering and preparing himself a hunger strike in protest of how these towns are treated. I could tell from his voice that he was holding tears and immediately came to the conclusion that it was time to digress. I wished him good rest and hang up.

I then remembered Baki, Lughaye, Zeila, Lowyacado, Xariirad and C/qaadir area. I did not bother to ask any body if the greens these respondents are writing about reached these places. Because I knew that all the governments including the present divorced these areas and never wanted to have anything to do with them. I knew that even these places are red-cross (X) marked in the map of the Somaliland that hangs in the meeting room of the cabinet of the Rayaale administration (what ever the intention is). The truth is that these areas have been on their own for decades, and there fore it is obvious that no greens reached and will not reach there even if it rains green in Hargeisa.

It is then obvious to the world that what the respondents accused me of is baseless. It is also apparent that what Awdal is always accused of is flat wrong and that those respondents did not know what they were talking about. I here by assure them that the green stuff never reached Awdal. But will appreciate if they dare to share with Awdal. To give the respondents a hint of the area to search, begin from the border of Hargeisa with Awdal all the way to the border of Sool & Sanaag.

Out of frustration, I then decided to quit and give my self a rest. I grabbed my laptop and a portable lazy chair and set my self at a corner in my back yard. I threw a CD in the CD ROM and prepared to listen to some classic Somali songs. The music began to play. To my astonishment, the first words that hit my ears were:

“Subagga dufankiisaa dadku ka dhaashadaane, haduu dufan basaaso maxaa duxdii ka qaadey?

Now, here I was out there by my self trying to relax, and all of a sudden the sound of the song itself is tickling my brain. Talking to my self I can hear me say, “Wow, what a good sentence.” Knowing who said it; I can hear me remind myself that my uncle is a real genius who knows how to put the words together. Truly, the world has yet to come up with such words with that value in them. I listened well to the sentences and truly my uncle is one of a kind genius. I wonder if the other world languages can put in good sentences words like dawo bukootey, dab dhamxoodey etc.

Listening to the words of the song slipped me into a zone full of questions. But I knew that there was no one around to ask. I eliminated question after question till one seemed to be appropriate to a friend of mine. That friend asked me many questions in his articles. You got it, the friend is Mr. Bahdon.

My friend Mr. Bahdon, you know that I replied your questions whole heartedly, this is my turn and I am to ask you a question.

My friend, I remind you that I expect from you the truth and only the truth, so help you god... this is the question:

Dufankii Ina Cigaal duxdiisaa badneydoo waan wada ogsoonahey dhamaan dadkiisaa ka dhaashadey. Garani waayey aniguye, waa iga su’aale, saaxiibkey Cusmaanow Ina Axmad Xaaji Bahdonow, dufankii adeerkaa dux laguma sheegine, waar maxaa basaasiyey??? Cajab….


Suleiman Abdi Dugsiye
Ottawa, Canada

No comments: